Hope you all had a great summer! It’s hard to believe September has arrived and that means gearing up for the start of curling season. The Board would like to advise you of the following information regarding this year’s leagues:
- Registration night is Wednesday, September 12th from 7:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Immediately following will be the club’s Annual General Meeting. We would encourage all members to attend the meeting as we will be sharing information regarding the club’s operating budget for the year, as well as providing an overview of what we accomplished during the last year.
- On Wednesday, September 19th, at 7:00 pm, we will be holding a work party at the club to prepare the club for the season. If you are able to donate some time to help spruce up the club, it would be very much appreciated.
- Curling is scheduled to commence on Monday, October 1st.
- Fees for the year are outlined in the chart below:
|MEMBERS IN ALL LEAGUES WILL PAY A MEMBERSHIP FEE OF $190.00. THIS IS PAID ONCE PER SEASON PER CURLER NO MATTER HOW MANY LEAGUES A CURLER IS IN. THE MEMBERSHIP FEE INCLUDES $17.00 IN NORTHERN ONTARIO CURLING ASSOCIATION (NOCA) FEES. THERE IS A REDUCED MEMBERSHIP FEE OF $95.00 PER CURLER FOR MEMBERS WHO ARE FULL-TIME STUDENTS. THE FOLLOWING ARE THE LEAGUE FEES WHICH ARE IN ADDITION TO THE MEMBERSHIP FEE.|
|League||Men’s One Night (Mon/Wed)||Women’s One Night (Tues)||Mixed Evening (Thurs)||Senior Men’s Daytime 2 x’s/week (Mon & Wed mornings)||Senior Ladies 2 x’s/week (Mon & Wed afternoon)||Happy Hour 5-6:30 pm (Wed)|
|League Fee||$700/TEAM||$700/TEAM||$400/TEAM||$200/person (full year) $110/person (snowbird)||$200/person (full year) $110/person (snowbird)||$80/person|
Teams can be comprised of 4 or more players. Every player pays the membership fee and the team decides how the team fee will be divided between the players.
The Keewatin Curling Club is accepting applications for an Operations Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Management of Ice installation in early September, care. pre-game preparation and maintenance of the ice surface throughout the season (October to the end of March) and end of season ice removal.
All aspects of Facility Management including but not limited to cleaning, rentals, hospitality operations, marketing, vendor management, and security.
Promotion of all Club activities through our network of websites and social media feeds.
Reporting to the Management Board as required.
This position requires direct interactions with club members, customers and the general public. The successful candidate will represent the Keewatin Curling Club in a professional manner reflective or our position as an open and welcoming community center.
The Keewatin Curling Club will consider applications from individuals or a group of individuals who are prepared to provide all aspects of the position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please submit a cover letter and resume by August 10th, 2018 to the attention of club president, Paul Warkentin. Please contact Paul via email at email@example.com
Our newest escape room is now open and ready for your team
Click on the link below to view our Spring Newsletter.
- February 23-25, 2018
- Mixed Open Format
- At least one player of each gender
- Alternate gender at skip and third
- Friday Night Quick Draw!
- Saturday Night Dinner and Dance
- Three Games Guaranteed
- $200 per Team
- U2 door prize draw
- players with less than 2 years experience
- Register by calling Stacey at (807)468-3784 or online here